Thursday, September 22, 2011

Tudo Bem!

Our mission leaders wanted us to let our parents know that we’re safe. So… I’m safe!
It certainly has been a hectic two day. Let me say, they’ve got processing mew missionaries down to a science here first; I got my badge that reads:
Elder Twitchell
AIGREJA DE
JESUS CRISTO
DOS SANTOS
DOS ULTIMOS DIAS

Then I got my room and classroom assignment, along with my key, a mission handbook, and several other things. After that, I went to the book store, where I got a bag with a Bible and Book of Mormon in Portuguese, several pamphlets, Preach my Gospel in English and Portuguese, and a few Portuguese language books. Oh, and it was all free. After that, I was introduced top my companion, Elder Barkdull, who I taught Elders Quorum with a year ago, and then they threw me into a Portuguese class, where I was confronted with the challenge of pronouncing Irma Gonzales correctly.
At this point less than an hour has passed.
While it certainly has been a callithump of activities, it’s actually been really spiritual and fun. Elder Olpin is my Zone leader, and he has been really helpful in orienting me. Also, Elder Hodson got reassigned to Spokane, Washington!
I’m running out of time to write, but I just want you to know that amidst all of this craziness, the spirit has been testifying to me that I’ve made the right decision, coming here. I am nothing without the Lord, and I hope you turn to him when you need help!

I’ll write more next time, I promise!

Love
Elder Twitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment