Monday, November 26, 2012

We don't BITE!!! Staying in Ponta Grossa


November 26, 2012

Heeeey family,

So I’m still here in Ala 2, and Elder Windous is too. He´s going to end his mission here with me. Also, our Zone here got enormous. Before there were two zones in Ponta Grossa, Ponta Grossa and Campos Gerais. But now the two zones merged into one giant Zone with like 24 missionaries. We´re the biggest Zone in the mission now. It´s going to be a lot more work, but that´s fine. This means that I have two missionaries from my group in my Zone, we still have Sister Horkley, and now Elder Reeves is part of our Zone.

Sidney and Carla are going great, they went to Church yesterday, and they´re firm and steadfast with everything. They´re going to get married on Saturday and baptized on Sunday.  They´re such a special couple, they´re going to be amazing in the Church. This ward is really lucky to have them here.

What´s the craziest thing that happened this week? Well, the other day, Elder Windous kicked a dog in the mouth, that was pretty neat. I´m being protected out here. Haha, also, the other day we were teaching a family of five, and it was all going well. At the end of the lesson, I asked if I could use the bathroom, and they all kind of started giggling and said I could. I thought it was strange, but I got up to go to the bathroom, and there was a guy in their bathroom, sitting on a bunch of wet clothes in a bucket. This guy was like a cousin or something. When we had arrived there, he went to hide in the bathroom, and stayed there for like half an hour. He just gave me a sheepish look and shuffled out of the bathroom. Elder Windous said ´We don´t bite you know!´ haha it was so funny, sometimes people act like children to avoid talking with us.

Our most spiritual moments this week were basically all with Sidney and Carla, they´re accepting everything, reading the Book of Mormon and all. It´s so neat, they´re way excited for the baptism. Carla’s grandma is a member of the Church, and she´s going to see the baptism too.

That´s neat that you are visiting the inactives. This is so important for these people, a lot of times they don´t return to church because they don´t know how they´re going to make the first step. The mission is focusing a lot on less actives recently, and it´s going really well. We´re finding a lot of neat families and helping them come back to church. They just need a friend to support them as they come back.

Sounds like thanksgiving was a lot of fun, having everyone together. It must have been great! On Thanksgiving day itself, we didn´t really have anything super special. We got money from a member that couldn´t make us lunch that day, so we went to our house and had French Toast. But the day after, on Friday, Elder Windous and I went to a ´Churrascaria´ with a member. What´s a Churrascaria? It´s a Brazillian BBQ, but it´s amazing. You go there, and these men come around constantly with all kinds of meat. I never knew that there were so many kinds of meat until I went there. They also came around with this kind of fried cheese, and fried pineapple with cinnamon on top. It was all delicious. I ate so much that it was hard to walk afterwards.

I hope the family is well, and that everyone had a great time together for Thanksgiving. I´ll be calling you guys in just a little bit, so that´s good. Tell Autumn she has to finish her application soon so that we can study together at BYU. Can´t fool around with this, it´s important! How´s the ward out there? How is school going with Autumn? What´s new back home? Keep me updated with everything!

Love you all a ton!

Elder Twitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment