Monday, June 10, 2013

Curitiba South Mission

 
Curitiba Mission is being Split July 01, 2013 so there is a lot of excitement with what missions everyone is going to be assigned to.  Elder Twitchell will be in Curitiba South Mission
 
 
? --   Elder Little  --  Elder Twitchell  --  Elder Woodruff  --  Elder Vighetto
Avram trained 3 of these Elders

 
Another Friend, Elder Yesquens.  He was in my district in Bom Pastor.  He´s the best Peruvian I know
 

 
This is Elder Lake!  He´s one of the secretaries, but he´s going to stay in the Curitiba North mission.  He´s a great friend
June 10, 2013
June 10, 2013
Dear Family,
  Well, I stayed here in Tatuquara one more transfer!!!  So that means that I’m going to be in the Curitiba South mission.  Elder Rodrigues got transferred, and now I’m with an American from Washington named Elder Rex.  I´m waay excited to be with Elder Rex, I have a feeling that the Baptisms will be raining from the heavens these next couple of months.  He has been on the mission for just 5 transfers (about 7 months) and already is a Zone Leader.  I´m excited to start working with him.
  Today, during the transfer meeting, I saw a lot of familiar faces.  A lot of missionaries going home, unfortunately :(  I felt old, seeing this group of missionaries finishing the mission.  Elder Sudweeks, Elder Soares da Silva, Elder Veiga, Sister Mulhstein.  Not to mention President Cordon and Sister Cordon.  They bore their testimonies to us today, the spirit was so strong.  It was sad to see them all saying goodbye (even though President and Sister Cordon will be here for another three weeks.)  But I do have some good news.  At the transfer meeting was also Elder Little, Elder Woodruff, AND Elder Vighetto.  And each one of them is going to train!!!!!!!!  Wooohooo!  Oh man, I was suuuper happy to see this.  I feel like an accomplished trainer.  There are a TON of new missionaries coming.  Tomorrow will arrive 28 missionaries, and there are 20-30 missionaries waiting for their Visas.
  Well, this week in our area, the Lord was helping us out quite a bit.  We´ve been asking for referrals this whole transfer, and until this week we only received two or three.  But this last weekend, a few members came forward and gave us several referrals, which we´re going to visit.  It was great!  And yesterday, the members brought a new family to Church, so we got to know this new family, and we´re going to visit them during the week.  They had a lot of interest in the Book of Mormon.  That’s good, because I like to GIVE the Book of Mormon.  We´re really excited with these referrals.  It´s refreshing when the Members bring people to Church.  It reminds that we´re all working for the same goal, it´s just that we as missionaries doing it 24/7.
  Besides these referrals, we have been helping out our existing investigators this week progress for baptism.  We have a couple, Tiago and Larissa, that are going to get their Birth Certificate this week (we were waiting for them to get together money for get the certificate), and soon after we´re already going to mark the marriage.  It´s time for them to get baptized.
  We found a man this week named Aparecido, who came to Church yesterday.  He had visited the church for three months about two years ago, but stopped coming.  We found him street-contacting, and he has a lot of potential to be baptized in the coming weeks.  He´s pretty down in the dumps, because his Mother died a few months ago, and he started drinking again.  But since we started visiting him, he´s already stopped drinking. 
  So yeah, our area is doing well.  This past week I’ve been thinking a lot about integrity (partly because of a talk that Elder Woodruff gave me, from Elder Tad R. Callister about integrity), and studying about this trait.  It´s so important!  It is our spiritual and moral strength--are we steadfast and immoveable, do we do the right things even when others aren´t looking, do we stay true to our word?  I liked a statement in this talk that says that in a written contract, you can find loopholes, but in our Word should never have loopholes.  I´ve been thinking about this a lot.  How much better would the world be if we all had integrity?  There wouldn´t be people taking advantage of one another, putting on a mask of falsity, backstabbing.  They’re wouldn´t be corruption in politics, business, etc.  It´s an interesting trait to think about.
  Well, I’ve gotta go.  I hope all is well with you guys!  I´m loving the mission more every moment.  It´s not always easy, but it´s the best thing you can do.  I´m so thankful for this time I have to serve the Lord.  Stop getting sad that I’m gone, I’ll be home soon!  But I still have families that need to get baptized.
  LOVE
  ELDER TWITCHELL

No comments:

Post a Comment