Monday, April 16, 2012

Lord affects every facet of the work 4-16-12

April 16, 2012
Family!
Ok my favorite scripture right now is

Alma 26:22 -- 22 Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works,
and prayeth continually without ceasing—unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be given to reveal things which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be given unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it has been given unto us to bring these our brethren to repentance.

Yeeeeeeah, this scripture is the beez neez. If this is tooo long, you can also use

2 Nephi 31:20 -- 20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

or 3 Nephi 27:20, -- 20 Now this is the commandment: Repent, all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me and be baptized in my name, that ye may be sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand spotless before me at the last day. which is even shorter.

These scriptures are the scriptures of gold to all missionaries everywhere.

This week has been amazing! tons of amazing things are happening here in Bairro Novo, that I’m
going to write in my letter to you guys. It’s been amazing. We're going to have a baptism this week. I don't remember if I told you guys about John, this teenager that we've been teaching. We tried to baptize him like a month ago, but it didn't happen. However, now he is suuuper firm, and wants to be baptized! He has a hard situation, because no one in his family is supporting him that much with the baptism, but he is making lots of friends in the church, and is still super excited, so we're going to go ahead with the baptism. It will be great, I’ll be sure to tell you more next week.
I'm starting to see really clearly how much the Lord affects every facet of the work here. I'll say
more about it in my letter, but I’ve pretty much learned that I don't do anything. God uses missionaries as an intermediary for the spirit. Without the spirit, nothing happens. I try to force myself every day to be even more obedient and work even harder to have the spirit, so that we can have success.
I can't believe Autumn's going to be a Senior already!!!! bleeeeah what the heck!? haha, it seems like yesterday I was starting my Senior year. I thought I was the most mature person on the planet. Now I know that I was a snot noised kid (still am :P)
I hope that all is going well in the USA. It sounds like you are all super busy, with visits, and the
new baby, and STAR testing, and everything else. I've been pretty busy too. But I’m still writing you guys letters, and I think next week I’ll send you more pictures. Autumn should be expecting a letter from me too, I sent it last week.
Tell me how everyone is doing--Dad, Mom, Autumn, Amber, Alicia, Aaron. How is San Jose? How is President Hoggan? How is Mitt Romney doing? How is the Family prayers and scripture reading going? What more do you guys want to know about Brazil, I’m already running out of ideas to write you.

I love you guys a ton!
Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Twitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment