Monday, April 2, 2012

New Uncle

April 2, 2012

Dear Family,
Woooooooooooow I´m an uncle one more time! haha, congratulations to baby Bentley and the family! Bentley Adam Sink, powerful name! I can´t wait to meet the little guy.
Ok, so I stayed here in Bairro Novo with Elder Lopes! Woohoo! haha, but I think this will be my last one. I think I might even be here for mother’s day! lol, that´d be strange, I’ll Skype you in the same place I Skype you the last time. I don´t know how the others tell about the transfers, because we only use the computer on P-day.
So, Elder Trevisanut was transferred to my Zone! haha, it was a happy surprise to find out. It was funny, we watched conference together. So now we´ve spent two conferences together. haha. But Elder Trevisanut is doing great, he´s really excited about the area in which he´s serving.
Conference was amaaaazing!!! wowowowow, I wrote like 30 pages of notes. I was reading in the Liahona before about how to prepare for conference, and one of the things it suggested was to come to conference with specific questions in mind. So, I wrote down a few questions for myself, and watched conference with these questions in minds. I want to say to you now--the Lord inspires the Prophet and Apostles, and the messages they share are not to the Church at large--they´re for you, personally. I especially liked the story about the two missionaries who went to the house of that man that received them less than warmly. ´I thought I told you Mormons not to come back here, and wham, slammed the door! As the missionaries were walking away, the more experienced missionary put his arm on the shoulders of the other to comfort him. This demonstration of love touched the heart of the less-than-receptive man, who then opened the door and invited the missionaries to come in. Wow, that one I think was especially for me. I need to show more love for the people, even if they reject me. Sometimes afterwards, when people just turn their back and leave, I feel annoyed or angry because they don´t want to hear me. What, you don´t want to be saved in the Lord´s everlasting Celestial kingdom? Fine. But that´s not the right way. I need to be more concerned with them, and act more with love. I was studying Sunday morning a bit more about charity and love, and I found a scripture really powerful. I only have my Portuguese Book of Mormon with me right now, so I can´t quote it, but it´s
1 Nephi 19:9, And the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him to be a thing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it; and they smite him, and he suffereth it. Yea, they spit upon him, and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men
and it talks about how the Lord responded to the people that rejected him. It was really powerful.
So, with the rest of the work here, it´s going good. Amanda is still firm for April 7th to be baptized, and now I get to stay here to see it! I´m suuuper excited, certainly I’m going to cry. I´ll take pictures.
Also, we´re working on the grandchild of Vera, Camilla, who lives with her. Vera wants Camilla to be baptized also. Your wish is our command Vera ;) I´m really happy for Vera, she is such a strong member already.
Ok, I gotta go, send my love for Bentley and his family!
Love Elder Twitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment