Monday, January 21, 2013

Loving it in Ponta Grossa!!!


January 21, 2013
Hey Family!

Just another crazy week in Ponta Grossa! I´m loving it here, things are going great. The blessings of the Lord are everything, and we´re having a good time in His service.
So I’ll answer some of these questions real quick.

How are the Spiders?
Well, there are spiders here, but not a ton. There is a normal amount of spiders, it just depends on where you go, and if you´re house is clean. When we helped out the Sisters in 31 de Março, there were a ton of spiders, because it hadn´t been cleaned in months. But not too bad. The most dangerous spider here is the aranha marrom, which I think is the brown recluse spider. It´s a small spider, but it´s pretty dangerous. I´ve already seen them, but I haven´t heard of any missionary having problems with them since I got here.

How is it with Elder Hobbs?
Things are going great! It’s a lot of fun being with someone I already knew, and Elder Hobbs is always way excited to work, which is good. Everyday we´re seeing miracles here, it´s amazing. We´re already working well together, which is good, because there is a lot of work to be done. We´re always busy with something. But the zone is going well, we had a lot of baptisms in Ponta Grossa this week. Oh and Elder Hobb´s first name is Jake.

How is our apartment now?  
Our apartment is feeling more like home, we cleaned it a ton, so now the spirit is more present. Also, today we received a Microwave as a donation, so we´re pretty excited for that. I think we´re going to start making Popcorn :) I´m pretty excited. Also, today, I’m going to make brownies with white chocolate bits inside, and brigadeiro on top. It´s going to be great!

How are the sisters?  
Well, they´re doing well, but they still haven´t received their fridge, sink, washing machine, etc. It´s kind of tough, and it´s taking way too long for these appliances to arrive. But we´re hoping it gets better soon.

When is that couple going to the Temple?  
So they sent me a quick letter and a present (two cans of ´Nescau´, which is the equivalent of Nesquik here. It´s way good) and they said that their sealing would be in April, but still don´t know the exact date. I´m excited for it, I hope I’m in Curitiba for the sealing so that I can see it.

We had some neat experiences here. This week we found a family with the mom and her four kids. Two of her daughters were baptized like two years ago, but the mom and other children weren´t baptize. Anyway, when we first visited them, we invited them to be baptized, but the mom kind of closed off to that. So for our second visit, we were trying to find another, less threatening way of helping her get baptized. Elder Hobbs and I planned a special lesson about the Plan of Salvation, and brought members with us to help out. In the lesson, we used Alma 34:32, and asked her how she thought she could prepare to meet with God in this life. And, out of nowhere, she started talking about baptism! She asked us when the next baptismal service would be, and then she said ´I´m going to get baptized! For sure I’ll get baptized´ It was way neat. To baptize her it might take a while because she smokes, but we´re going to help her out. But it was neat to see how the Spirit was helping us out in the lesson, and helped soften her heart a bit.

But yeah, things are going great here. That’s neat to hear about my cousin (is she a second cousin or something?) coming to Curitiba, it´s going to be neat. Hope you aren´t freezing too much out there!
But, I gotta go, love you all Lots!!!!

Love,
Elder Twitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment