Monday, January 28, 2013

Happy Ground Hogs Day


January 28, 2013
Heeeeeyy family!

Wow, I can´t believe how fast time is going. I feel like the day doesn´t even happen. I wake up, study, eat, teach the gospel, and before I even know it I’m already lying down to sleep again. It´s a weird feeling. It´s weird to think it´s already Ground Hogs day again.

Alright, Best two Years and RM are great movies, for sure I’ll watch them right when I get back, especially RM. As I’m sure you know, the mission isn´t EXACTLY like in the movies. Now that I think back, the missionaries in the Best Two Years were Fubecas! (which means they don´t choose the right. break rules). It seems like they were always in their apartment, they taught an investigator in their house (can´t do that!), left their companions alone, spoke English at home, and don´t know that in Matthew 3 it talks about the baptism of Jesus. Come on guys!

But yeah, we do call each of our four district leaders, 3 times a week. One time is just to get the numbers from their district, like how many lessons they taught, etc (this one takes all Sunday night and a bit of Monday morning. Getting the numbers from 15 different areas takes a while). We also call each of them during the week, just to talk to them, see how they´re doing, how the district is doing, problems, etc.. And then we call a third time to see if they need us to interview anyone. I like talking to the district leaders and see how they´re doing. We have great leaders here in Ponta Grossa.

Yes, we do go grocery shopping on Monday. P-day is basically three things: e-mail, grocery shopping, and clean the house. Sometimes we do something fun, but normally it´s just these three things. Food here is actually cheaper. Well, depends, some things are more expensive. The fruit is waaay cheap. But American-ish foods are usually expensive, because they´re imported.

I´ll have to send you pictures of our apartment. The apartment here is way better than my other houses I’ve been to. It´s bigger than the house in Bairro Novo, but smaller than the one in Guaraituba. However, it has cooler things here. We got a microwave last week, so that was neat. The first thing I did was buy a bunch of popcorn! Oh yeeeah! We also have basketball courts close to our house. It´s neat.

That´s cool about Neto, he´s awesome! Tell him I have saudades for him! He was studying English when I was at Bairro Novo, but that´s great he´s still studying.

The family we´re teaching is doing well, the mom is smoking a lot less now. They didn´t go to church this Sunday though. We did have a few other families come to Church, though, and the ward got really excited, I never saw the ward get excited like they were yesterday. Also, a young woman named Roberta visited out of nowhere, and the Relief Society women were going crazy about her.

Ok, funny story, so yesterday we had lunch with a family that has a kid named Arthur, who is 5 years old. This family has xbox and computer games and everything. Well it was funny, because while his parents were preparing lunch, Arthur was with us, talking to us. Then he went over to get his dad´s laptop, because he wanted to play games on it. But then he saw that we were watching him, so he whispered ´You guys won´t tell my dad if I play games on his computer?´ we told him that if his dad told him he couldn´t, he shouldn´t do that, but then he just looked around to see if his dad was near, and then said again ´You won´t tell him, right?´ Elder Hobbs and I were laughing so hard, it was so funny. Just the way he said it was so mischievous. I don´t know if this story will be funny for you, but it was funny for us.

Ok, I gotta go! Love you lots, hope Autumn gets into BYU!

Happy Groundhogs day!

Love,

Elder Twitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment