Monday, April 15, 2013

Week of Miracles!!!


April 15, 2013

Hey family!!!

We had a week of miracles here! The Lord was truly working with us this week, which humbled me, and strengthened my testimony that HE is in Charge. I can do almost nothing, which makes the thought that the Lord is helping me reassuring.

In our own area, we had an amazing weekend. We were teaching indoors almost the entire day, going from one appointment to another. When some appointments fell through, the Lord blessed us in finding new families! It was incredible; we found several new investigators (including six families) in two days. Not ALL of them are super excited about the gospel, but they do have a desire to receive answers from the Lord, which is the start!

When we started noticing how much the Lord was helping us, Elder Vighetto and I started to analyze our situation, and what made the difference for us to receive so much help from the Lord. I think it was our sincere desire to seek the Lord´s help. We did all of the preparation necessary before: we planned well, we prayed for help, we studied personally, and in companionship. It was just incredible to me how the Lord helped us so much.

Another blessing was that we had twelve investigators at our Sacrament meeting. I haven´t had so many investigators at Church since I was in Gauraituba! Among them were two families, Idalecio´s family and Cesar´s family. These two families have been taught by the missionaries for a long time (especially Idalecio), and Elder Vighetto and I have been praying, studying, and seeking inspiration in how we can help them progress.

Idalecio has a problem, because he has to work almost every Sunday, and he doesn´t want to get baptized until he gets a job where he doesn´t need to work Sundays. Well, the Lord always has a way. During Elders quorum yesterday, the Quorum president mentioned SRE (The Church´s organization to help with Employment). Cesar asked me what the SRE was, so I explained to him, and then, he commented that there were several positions available at his company. Wow! The first thing I thought was Idalecio! After the Quorum, I sent Cesar to go talk to Idalecio, and tell him about the job offerings. For me, it was a miracle. Of course, I’m not sure if the job will work out for Idalecio, but it is a hope. It was funny, Cesar gave Idalecio his business card, and when he handed him the card, Idalecio looked at me and said ´See, I really am looking for another job!´ haha, he´s a good guy.

Elder Vighetto and I continue doing well, Elder Vighetto has always been a great missionary. He´s very proactive, and seeks to learn everything he needs to, to be a great missionary. This last week we learned more about the commandments, and inviting others to repent through commitments. we´re on week ten, now, in the first twelve weeks program. I´m really excited for this week, because Elder Vighetto is basically Senior Companion this week, taking control of all teaching and planning situations. It´ll be a great week.

It was fun seeing my schedule last week. I´m not sure if i want to do weights class (but leave it for now, unless you find a cooler class, like bowling! :) ) I´m fairly confident with my current physical stature :P Yikes, I was trying to remember some things from economy this week, and I forgot a LOT. I think the first week I get back, I’ll spend some time every day reviewing.

I got to talk to Ben this last week, he´s doing well. It´s fun being able to write friends now. It´s been pretty much two years that I haven´t really talked to any of them. He´s excited to get back to BYU too. It´s going to be cool, we´re all going to be Brazilians basically. Only Portuguese at home.

Haha, so we´re now officially from Utah, with Utah phones and everything. It just had to be done, we can´t go on acting as if we´re Californians anymore. I´m excited for our new ward, it seems like a strong ward. But with so many missionaries coming back, I don´t think I’ll matter THAT much, just one more RM. I´ll have to give an extraordinary homecoming talk to call their attention. Also, I’ll have to convert those 10 households that aren´t coming to church. Get the brownies ready.

I remember when I was at the MTC, going to the Provo temple. That was always my favorite part of the week, I never understood the missionaries that wanted to stay at home and sleep instead of go to the temple. I found a lot of direction, peace, and learning at the Temple. I never CRIED (I think that´s a Sister thing :P) but it was always neat. Wow, missionaries getting sent all over the place. Elder Vighetto and I have been talking about the second coming--it´s coming up! I think it´ll be in 60 years, Elder Vighetto thinks it´ll be 40 years. We talked to Bishop Miner (remember, he´s an American) and he thinks in 10 months it´ll all be over. ahah. it´s funny to hear everyone´s theories.

I´m excited for Autumn to serve a mission. AHHHH, it´s so neat, she´s going to love the mission. Also, Erica Greenhall will LOVE Brazil, I’m excited for her. Speaking of, any word about Lisa Barker? I think she´ll be arriving here in two weeks.

Well, I love you all a lot! The church is true, this is Christ´s Church. Keep up the good work!

LOVE

Elder Twitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment