Monday, February 13, 2012

Lunch - letter Feb 13, 2012



February 13, 2012 – letter
Dear Family
Well, here’s another letter! Veesh, I have so much stuff to say, but it always seems like I have such little time. But I love getting letters from you. Keep them coming! I want the letters long to. Tell me everything.
This past month has been a little bit complicated. We’ve been finding a lot of new investigators, but they haven’t been progressing. Eve out best investigators have been a bit problematic. For example, we’ve been teaching this woman named Silvane. And she was awesome! She liked everything we taught, and she wanted us to teach her children, too. Also, in church, she was asking questions during the classes, and really searching to know the truth! But, out of nowhere, she went out of town one weekend. We called her to see what happened, and she said that she’s living with her boyfriend, now, in another area. Come ON!! We had already taught the Law of
Chastity! Oh well, we can only show them the path, we can’t make them take it.
Sivane’s nephew, Luis, on the other hand, is amazing!! Wow, He’s been super receptive basically the whole time we’ve been teaching him. He’s really smart, and understands the message really well. WE taught about the Restoration, and then the next lesson we asked him if he remembered about the Restoration, and he remembered everything. He basically taught the lesson back to us. WOW! We’re planning on baptizing him this week, so we’ve been finalizing with him, making sure he’s ready. We asked him how he felt about baptism yesterday, and he said, “I feel prepared.
I’m keeping all the commandments, I’m reading. I feel prepared.” Haha, crazy.
He is elect! We’re really excited about Luis.
But wow, I’m learning so much. I can’t believe it. And you know what’s the craziest thing? As of today, I’ve completed my training. I’m now basically a normal missionary. And later tonight we’re going to find out who’s going to be transferred, but it’s almost 100% sure that me and Elder Brino are going to be separated. How weird!!! Elder Brino helped me out a ton, and is a great example of an obedient, hard-working missionary. And we worked a lot together. I’m a little worried that my next companion is going to be lazy or disobedient, but whatever happens, I’m going to continue working and learning. And I’m not going to be treated like a new missionary any more, I’ll be treated normally. Which is exciting and scary at the same time. But I’m ready!
And how are things going in the USA?? I can’t imagine how it must be with Dad working with the youth so much. Haha. And so, he’s doing all sorts of things with this calling, huh? He’s giving callings, speaking in church, visiting people. This is great!! How is he liking all of the responsibility?
How are those new converts doing in the ward? I can’t stress enough how important it is to befriend a recent convert. Every convert needs three things to stay
active: Continue receiving the word of God (Scriptures, pray, HOME TEACHERS), a calling (Bishop responsible) and a friend (the entire ward has responsibility here). Just talk to them! Invite them to do stuff. Something as simple as a friendly hello can help them keep on the straight and narrow. I really like what Elder Neal said “Shame on you” for not sharing the gospel. Sometimes we become content and
don’t do the little things, but this is literally of the Devil. It’s one of his strategies (2 Nephi 28:21 And others will be pacify, and lull them away into carnal security that they will say: All is well Zion: yea, Zion prospereth, all is well -- and thus the devil cheateth their souls, and leadeth them away carefully down to
hell) I’m not saying it’s necessary to put on a plaque and go preaching every day.
Just be a FRIEND!!
But how is everyone out there? How’s Bishop Hoggan? Our neighbor? Sister Erikson?
How’s Autumn doing? It’s got to be a littler hard out there. I know how hard it is to be without friends at school, and I can only imagine how hard it must be to live in a city without friends. You said she’s been staying out a lot lately, though, so she must be making friends. That’s good. I just hope they’re good friends, that push her to be better. But Autumn has always been amazing, staying True to the Faith and all. Just make sure she continues praying and reading the scriptures everyday. I’m not all that worried: she’ll make the right decisions at the right moment.
I’ve started being better with my journal. Now I write at least 3 -4 times every week. It’s so important to write in your journal, especially on the mission.
I’m also writing more letters, for the family for my siblings. It’s a good habit. I’m also receiving a good amount of letters form random people. Tell them to keep ‘em coming! But yeah, things are going pretty well here on the mission. We’re working a lot, and only going to keep working! The area here is amazing! The people here are poor-middle class. They all have TV’s and normal things like
that, but they definitely don’t have a lot of money. And the ward is great, we always have LUNCH! I have yet to have a lunch fall through.
See above diagram:

Well I’ve got to go, I hope I answered your questions. Keep being positive, choosing the right and praying!

Love you all!! WRITE ME!!!

Elder Twitchell

PS I need more pants!! I have three pairs, but two of them are really discolored and grey
PPS Thanks for the Ground Hog droppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment