Monday, February 20, 2012

New Companion - 2 Baptisms

February 20, 2012

Bom Dia!
The transfers happened, and wow it´s crazy! So, Elder Brino was transferred to Vila Oficinas, here in Curitiba, and became a Zone Leader there. Cool, huh! I could tell he was really excited.
And for me, I stayed here in Bairro Novo, and now I’m with Elder Lopes, another Brazilian! Yes! It´s really funny though, he´s Belo Horizonte, and he has an accent that is really different from any other Brazilian that I’ve talked to, so it´s still a little bit hard to understand him. But he´s a goof ball, I think it´s going to be a fun transfer. The transfer happened on Wednesday. I went to get Elder Lopes, and leave Elder Brino, and immediately afterwards, we went to work! it´s great!
So, on Tuesday night, Luis was baptized! wooooohoooooo! yeah. So it was the last night that Elder Brino was here, and we were all really excited. Wow. Luis is firm! He went to a church campout type thing this weekend, so he´s in good hands with the Ward. We´re really excited about him. Also, yesterday, on Sunday, we had the baptism of this other young man, Felipe! Felipe is the friend of a member, who has wanted to be baptized for a while now, but his mom wouldn´t let him. But, we talked with the mom, and taught her a lesson super spiritual, and
afterwards she said she would let Felipe be baptized. Wow, what a miracle! It was such a great experience, I can´t believe how much the Lord touches the hearts of the people. The Lord is blessing our area so much! Now, I hope I don´t mess things up, because I’m basically in charge here. Elder Lopes doesn´t know the area or the members or anything else, so I’m basically leading the work. It´s a lot, but I’m loving it, it´s a lot of fun.
Today I got a ton of letters! Keep them coming! But I still haven´t gotten the Valentines package,
it´ll probably come next week. I love getting letters, and I’m going to send off a letter today, hopefully with a picture of our zone. But ok, I’ve got to go, I’ll write you guys today! Love you Lots!
LOOOOOVE
Elder Twitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment