Friday, July 27, 2012

Love the Book of Mormon


July 16, 2012

Dear Family!

Well, things are going pretty well for us this week. We had ward conference in Bairro Novo, so we had a ton of people at church. It was cool, I went with the 1st councilor in the Bishopric in his car to go and visit all of our investigators and bring them to church (Only one of them ended up going, but we did our part!). Besides this, a lot of members brought friends to church. We ended up having about 10 investigators at church, which is a record for me. It was way cool, and the sacrament meeting and classes were really special. Bishop Barros gave a really good talk about charity and service. There were a lot of ex-investigators that came to church too, and some of them I got the chance to talk to and mark visits with them again. This part was cool. Among these ex-investigators was Daniel, who I taught way back with Elder Brino. He told me that he wanted to go to this Church from now on. We passed by his house later that night, retaught him the Restoration, and gave him another Book of Mormon, and he told us that we would definitely read this time. It was cool.

We had a special training on Thursday for Leaders, and I got to see Elder Barkdull and Elder Hobbs. They are doing great, although the two were sad that they didn´t get to finish training their missionaries. The training was about the Book of Mormon. Man I can´t get enough of this book. I got sooo excited that I bought a hard-back Book of Mormon that I’m going to mark up a ton. I´m stoked for all the crazy revelation I’m going to receive.

So I finally got the package today! Thanks a ton, I especially liked all the candy. And I did get the camera and USB stuff. It came through fine. Oh, and I did think of something that you can send me in my birthday package.... HOT CHOCOLATE! I love it.

I´ll have one more week in this area (maybe, I still don´t know if I’ll be transferred. But I hope so, I want to get to know more than one area), and you´ll be happy to know that I’ve been taking a lot of pictures recently. Elder Little and I cleaned the house today, and after we got done cleaning, I took a bunch of pictures of our house, along with some hamburgers we cooked, and brownies too. I also want to take some pictures of some members here, there are some really cool families here that I don´t want to forget.

So I have been thinking a bit about what I want to do next year. I think I’ll probably get home like September 7 or something like that, i don´t know how well that works with BYU. But I want to continue studying there, and currently I’m thinking about studying Economics or something like that. I don´t know, I just really enjoyed my economy class, and I thought it´d be something cool to study. I don´t really have anything else in my mind at the moment about when I get home... Except like watch the new Avatar and go visit that Portuguese section of San Jose and talk to them. Those are basically my only plans.

Well, I’ve got to run, but I hope you guys are doing well, and you have a good week in Utah! I´m keeping you all in my prayers. Continue praying for me.

Love,

Elder Twitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment