Monday, July 30, 2012

New Area Guaraituba - Elder Woodruff - District Leader




July 30, 2012
FAMILY!!!
Alright, so I got transferred. I loved Bairro Novo sooo much, I learned a ton there, and there are so many special people that I was sad to say goodbye to there. But I can´t lie, I was pretty happy to get transferred, and get to know another place.
So, now I’m serving in a neighborhood called Guaraituba in the Municipal of Colombo. It´s not technically Curitiba anymore, but it´s basically an extension of the city. With my new missionary, I’m actually going to be finishing up training a new missionary. He was already trained for 6 weeks by Elder Croskrey, who finished his mission last week. So I’m going to continue the training for the last 6 weeks.
My new companion is named Elder Woodruff. He´s got Wilford Woodruff´s blood running hot in his veins, because he is his great-great-grandchild... or something like that. But man, I’m super excited to be here, Elder Woodruff is ready to work. And not just him, too, the Ward here helps us out a TON. They always have someone new for us to teach, and go on visits with us pretty much every day. It´s such a supportive ward here. It´s been hard this week trying to get to know the area, the ward members, and our investigators (we have a ton!) but I’m starting to get the hang of it here. Also, our House here is HUGE! Well, not enormous, but it is way bigger than my last house. I couldn´t believe it when I first got here. There´s just so much space.
I´m also the District Leader here, taking care of the Colombo and Rio Verde areas. It´s cool, because I already know the Elder in Colombo (Elder Sandoval and Elder da Silva) and also I know Elder GuimarĂ£es in Rio Verde. Elder GuimarĂ£es is training Elder Gama in Rio Verde, so that´s cool too. We have a lot of power in our district. I´m excited.
Speaking about that, my trainer, Elder Brino, became the Assistant to the Presidente here, together with Elder Hobbs. Congrats to both of them, they´re great missionaries.
Elder Little stayed in Bairro Novo, and is with Elder Sardinha now. I don´t know Elder Sardinha, but he was part of this district that I’m in now before, and everyone has said good things about him, so I trust that Elder Little is in Good Hands. Unfortunately, I didn´t get to see Leonida´s baptism, so I don´t even know if she got baptized or not!!! Ahhh, this part is no fun, but she´s so good, she´ll get baptized soon, for sure.
Haha, that´s funny that you got called on to give a talk about me. Now I feel all self-centered. That´s good that you shared the story about Zeneida, though, she´s so special. Every time I taught, I got such a strong feeling that our Heavenly Father loves her in particular, you know? The Holy Ghost was always guiding us to be a comfort and a blessing to her. Here, I’ve only given one talk until now (about the Word of Wisdom, which is a kind of weird topic for a talk). But Elder Woodruff gave a talk yesterday at Church. It was really good, it was about adversity and overcoming trials.
Cooking is doing well here, too. Today, we had pancakes with maple syrup, and then afterwards brownies. Wow, I’m going to get fat. I want to learn how to cook rice and beans, so that I can eat a real meal, but it sounds like cooking beans is kind of hard and time consuming. So maybe after the mission :)
Well, I got to go, but I Love you all a ton! Have a good rest of the Summer Break!
Love,
Elder Twitchell
PS NOoooooo I can´t believe it´s almost hump day. Blehhh...
PPS I´m going to the Temple again this next week. Look out for an e-mail on Wednesday.

Part of Elder Little’s letter to his family

Yesterday we did have 3 BAPTISMS! it was really good I got to baptize all of them, a mom and her 2 kids it went really good but the mom is afraid of water so it was a little hard I almost had to do it again that would have been really hard for her when she came up she just grabbed me and hugged me ha but it was a very good experience to finally have a baptism! (this was Leonida who Avram was wondering if she got baptized and she did)

No comments:

Post a Comment