Tuesday, September 25, 2012

HUMP DAY!!! Happy Autumn


September 24, 2012

Dear family,

Well, congrats to Amber and the new baby, whenever he´s born. I´m sure you all are super excited out there--I´m excited here. Here we are leaving winter and easing right on into Summer. There really doesn´t exist spring or fall here. There’s hot, and less hot. However, these last few days have been pretty cold, even though it should be hot! oh well, the weather here is crazy.

Yeah, I think there´s a strike going on with the mail system, so I’m not sure how that will interfere with the letters. But I did get Aaron and Joylyn´s package--Thanks a ton! Everyone in my Zone is coveting my peanut butter.

Congrats on Autumn going to church alone. That´s better than most people. Also, it´s kind of nerve racking having to talk in front of a bunch of people. I´ve already given two talks here in Brasil, but I think it´s kind of easier as a missionary, because I already have a ton of topics and principles that I’m always ready to teach. But it´s still scary.

The most spiritual thing this week? We found neat family the other day that had already received missionary visits a few years ago. It seems like the Mom already read the Book of Mormon, and prayed to know if it´s true. But the dad didn´t. It was funny, because when we taught them about the Book of Mormon, and invited them to read and pray, the Mom said she already had an answer. The dad then asked what it was, and she said, ´I´m not telling you, I don´t want to spoil the surprise.´ Haha, it was kind of strange, but they really liked the visit. We were able to find a lot of new investigators this week, which is always a fun thing.

The funniest thing this week? Well, people were tearing apart the United States this week, I heard a lot of people say little funny criticisms about the US. One man got angry at me, because I ´came all the way from the United States to beg from honest Brazilians´. Ouch! My favorite was a contact that I did on the street. He was not interested at all in our message, and he noticed that i was American, so he asked me, ´Do you know why the US, Europe, and Japan have all of these natural disasters, earthquakes, Tsunamis, and Brazil doesn´t have anything? It´s because Brazil has the Holy Ghost, and the US and Europe don´t have Him. The Holy Ghost prevents these things from happening in Brazil´ Wow, uncalled for!!! haha, it was really funny.

I spent my hump day very well, Elder Hobbs came and spent 24 hours with us on a division, and so we spent part of Hump day together. It was fun to talk to him and see how he was doing.

Today was a great P-day, we had our whole Zone eat at the Stake Presidents house, and then afterwards we played a game called ´Bats` which is kind of like baseball, but a lot simpler, with only four players. It was a ton of fun, the Stake President and his family truly loves the missionaries!

Well, we keep working out here, we´re doing well. The Lord is blessing us a lot with new investigators, and opportunities to share the gospel with others. Keep strong in the gospel, and look to serve others. Heres a spiritual thought for you; Moroni 7:45-48 

45 And acharity suffereth long, and is bkind, and cenvieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily dprovoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

46 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail—

47 But acharity is the pure blove of Christ, and it endureth cforever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.

48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, apray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true bfollowers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall cbe like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be dpurified even as he is pure. Amen.

LOVE

Elder Twitchell

PS LOL who told you about snakes? haha, I’m definitely keeping far away from all kinds of snakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment